Sunday, December 5, 2010

L.A. bound


If you drive down the coast from Santa Barbara, along Highway One, to your right, the vast and ever-changing Pacific accompanies you for thirty miles.
Fifteen miles further, you'll reach the steep grade of the Conejo Pass. Once scaled, you then, begin your descent into L.A. -- or as we call it, "The belly of the beast."
On my recent trip, I found clear skies, and, to the east, rare views of the San Bernardino Mountains. This reminded me that in some respects, and especially when clear, Los Angeles has its own beauty.


2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed nobody has commented on this one. What nice photos and a nice narrative.
    Two questions:
    Do you have streetlights your whole way?
    When do you enter on your trip, as Homer Simpson would say, the "Miracle Mile, where value wears a neon sombrero and there's not a single church or library to offend the eye?"-And please forgive me if I have taken an unduly prejudicial view of suburban sprawl in California. I have seen plenty of Homer's miracle miles in my time.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe,

    Thanks so much for the complements.

    As far as street lights, I've never noticed the lack of them. And there are always plenty of churches to go around as well as a wonderful library any time I need one.

    You still haven't shared what neck of the woods you're from.

    Take Care Joe, ~ Anitra

    ReplyDelete